THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the website or use one of our mobile applications, we collect your IP address, and standard web log information, such as your browser type and the pages you accessed on our website. We also may collect certain geo-location information. If you do not agree to our collection of this information, you may not be able to use our Service.
If you open an account, we collect the following information from you:
- Account Information – text-enabled cellular/wireless telephone number, machine or mobile device ID and other similar information.
- Identification Information – your name, street address, and email address.
- Device Information – We also may obtain information about you: (a) from your mobile device such as your device type, machine or mobile device identification number, geo-location, time zone, language setting, browser type, and IP address, and (b) from third parties for purposes of transaction processing, identity verification, fraud detection or prevention and other similar purposes. For fraud prevention purposes, we also may link your machine ID with the machines of others who use your same payment cards.
- Social Web Information – including but not limited to your Facebook connect credentials (and information that you authorize Facebook share with us though permissions like this http://developers.facebook.com/https://BriteTh-ings.com/wp-content/thernes/britethings/images/deveite/auth-dialog-example.png ) and email account information. If you authorize Facebook Connect, the plug in allows us access to your friends’ contact information. We also allow you to import data from other social web services, including but not limited to Twitter, Google*, Linkedin, email lists and email service providers. Social and e-mail contact information helps you connect to friends and contacts for invitation and payment transmission purposes (as well as helping us improve our services and fight fraud). Additionally, another BriteThings user may mention you in a transaction in which you are not a party to by lagging” your username in a transac-tion note. When you are mentioned in a transaction, a link to your BriteThings profile will appear in the transaction note and you will receive a noti-fication about the mentions. You may manage certain contact preferences and notifications in your account settings.
- Financial Information – bank account and routing numbers and credit cards linked to your BriteThings account. BriteThings does not share financial information with third party social networking services such as those listed in the poor bullet. We are committed to providing a safe, secure and all around great service. Therefore, before permitting you to use our Service, we may require additional information from you we can use to verify your identity, address or other information or to manage risk and compliance throughout our relationship. We may also obtain information about you from third parties such as identity verification, fraud prevention and similar services. When you are using the BriteThings Service, we collect information about your account transactions and trust relationships and we may collect information about your computer or other access device for fraud prevention and other similar purposes. Finally, we may collect additional information from or about you in other ways not specifically described here. For example, we may collect infor-mation related to your contact with our customer support team or store results when you respond to a survey.
INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN
We do not knowingly solicit or collect information from any individuals under the age of 18.
When you access the website, we, or companies we hire to track how our website is used, may place small data files called “cookies” on your computer.
For example, we send a “session cookie to your computer any time you log in to your BriteThings account. This type of cookie helps us to recog-nize you if you visit multiple pages on our site during the same session, so that we don’t need to ask you for your password on each page. You are free to decline BriteThings cookies if your browser permits, but doing so may interfere with your use of the website.
HOW WE PROTECT & STORE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We store and process your personal information using third party servers located in secure data centers in the United States, This information is protected by physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable US federal and state regulations. We also use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, we enforce physical access controls to our office and files, and we authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfill their job responsibilities.
We make reasonable efforts to ensure security on our systems. Despite our efforts, we cannot guarantee that personal information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of our administrative, managerial and technical safeguards. Therefore, we urge you to take adequate precautions to protect your personal data as well, including never sharing your BriteThings password with anyone.
If BriteThings learns of a systems security breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using the BriteThings Service, you agree that BriteThings may communicate with you electronically. BriteThings may post a notice on the website if a security breach occurs. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice of a security breach) you should notify us.
HOW WE USE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, fun and customized experience. We may use your personal information to:
- provide the services and customer support you request;
- process transactions and send notices about your transactions or your network activity;
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- prevent potentially fraudulent, prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our User Agreement;
- customize, personalize, measure, and improve our services and the content and layout of our website;
- send you updates about new products and services that we are offering to customers
- compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties;
- perform other duties as required by law.
HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION WITHIN THE BRITETHINGS NETWORK
To process payments on BriteThings, we need to share some of your personal information with the person or company that you are paying or is paying you. Your contact information, date of sign-up, the number of payments you have received and other verification metrics like social graph activity may be provided to users or companies when you transact with, on, or through BriteThings.
We work with vendors to enable them to accept payments from you using BriteThings. In doing so, a vendor may share information about you with us, such as your mobile phone number or BriteThings username, when you attempt to pay that vendor. We use this information to confirm to that vendor that you are a BriteThings customer and that the vendor should enable BriteThings as a form of payment for your purchase. Regardless, we will not disclose your credit card number or bank account number to anyone you have paid or who has paid you through BriteTh-ings, except with your express permission or if we are required to do so to comply with a subpoena or other legal process.
HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH OTHER PARTIES
BriteThings does not share your personal information with third parties for promotional or marketing purposes.
We may share your personal information with:
- Our parent company, BriteThings Inc. and affiliates and subsidiaries it controls, but only for purposes allowed by this document.
- Law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties if BriteThings is compelled to do so by a subpoena, court order or similar legal procedure, when it is necessary to do so to comply with law, or where the disclosure of personal information is reasonably necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of the BriteThings User Agreement, or as otherwise required by law.
- Third party service providers who assist us in providing services to you or who provide fraud detection or similar services on our [or any vendor’s) behalf.
- Service providers under contract who help with parts of our business operations (for example, fraud prevention, payment processing, or technology services); Our contracts dictate that these service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit.
- Other third parties with your consent or at your direction to do so.
HOW YOU CAN ACCESS OR CHANGE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can review and update your personal information in your account settings at any time by logging in to your account.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
The website may contain links to other site. BriteThings does not control the information collection of sites that can be reached through links from the website. We encourage our users to be aware when they are leaving the website and to read the privacy statements of any site that collects personally identifiable information.
Like many other websites, we may place small data files on your computer or other device. These data files may be cookies, pixel tags, or other local storage provided by your browser or associated application. We use these technologies to:
- Recognize you as a customer.
- Customize our Services, content, advertising, marketing, and targeting, and measure their effectiveness.
- Help ensure that your account security is not compromised, mitigate risk and prevent fraud, and promote trust and safety across our Website and the Services.
We may use both session and persistent cookies. Session cookies expire and no longer have any effect when you log out of your account or close your browser. Persistent cookies remain on your device until you erase them or they expire. We may tie the information gathered to our users’ personally identifiable information.
Some browsers make it possible for you to signal that you don’t want your internet browsing activity to be tracked. There is currently no consensus on how to best honor these signals, so we don’t respond to “do not track” requests at this time. Declining our cookies may interfere with your use of our Services.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We and our cloud provider protect your information using physical, technical, and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, and alteration. Safeguards include firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to the data centers, and information access authorization controls.
When you enter financial information (such as a payment card number or your bank account information) on our Services, we encrypt the trans-mission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
To the extent we transmit and store your cardholder data, we do so under the most stringent credit card security standard: PCI Compliance Level 1. A PCI-certified auditor verified and awarded us this level of security and compliance.
We work hard to secure your data, but nobody is perfect. If you discover a vulnerability in our Services, we would be grateful for your report and encourage you to let us know immediately. To report a bug, please email privacy©BriteThings.com.
HOW TO CONTACT US